Brent S. Silverman
With more than 20 years’ experience, Brent S. Silverman focuses his practice on high stakes business litigation matters including commercial litigation, shareholder/partnership disputes, business tort liability, trade secret and non-competition agreement disputes, professional and fiduciary liability, real estate litigation, and investor litigation.
Brent has significant experience in all aspects of litigation in federal and state courts, including trials and emergency injunctive relief hearings, and handles complex matters throughout the country that often involve high exposure and substantial risk of adverse publicity.
Prior to joining the firm, Brent was a Member of the national trial practice firm Kaufman & Company and was also a Member of a large full service regional law firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group and Co-Chairman of its Financial Professional Liability Practice Group.
Brent has been recognized on the list of Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell. He regularly speaks and authors articles on various business litigation topics. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from Miami University, Ohio and his Juris Doctorate from DePaul University College of Law, where he served as a member of the DePaul University Business Law Journal.
- Experience in successful representation of shareholders and partners regarding numerous business divorce cases – in multiple industries – with special expertise in the representation of law firms and medical groups involving sensitive and confidential client or patient information and risk of adverse publicity.
- Experience handling breach of contract and related claims on behalf of individuals, closely held corporations, and publicly traded companies in various industries often within the context of “bet the company” cases.
- Significant experience, including jury trials, representing law firms, accounting firms, and other financial industry clients in the prosecution and defense of professional liability matters.
- Extensive experience representing employers and employees in actions for breach of duty of loyalty, breach of employment agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, and tortious interference with contract related to unfair competition claims by employers against former employees, often involving temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions.
- Extensive experience handling real estate litigation matters including representation of real estate developers, national banks, escrow agents, property owners, and real estate investors in complex disputes.
- Representation of numerous investors, investment advisors, registered representatives, and broker dealers in investor claims within the context of FINRA arbitrations.